What is Slingo Bingo?
We have entrepreneurs named Dave Lyons and Sal Falciglia to thank for the rise of Slingo gaming. A fusion of the best aspects of slot and bingo games, Slingos have exploded in popularity since their release online. The spin of the reels is designed to help pick numbers that you can mark off on your grid to create Slingos - and Slingos means prizes!
Slingo Bingo meaning
The name Slingo was selected to act as a portmanteau of slots and bingo, underlining the fusion of game elements from slot machines and classic 75-ball bingo. The meaning covers both the single player and multiplayer versions of the game.
Slingo Vs Bingo - what's the difference?
Although the Slingo name is a bit of a giveaway that this game is considered the 'brother of Bingo', there are several subtle differences to the classic gameplay of Bingo too. First and foremost, the game uses reels to determine which numbers are marked off on your game grid instead of a bingo ball machine.
In terms of gameplay progression, Slingo games also contain a raft of bonus features which are unlocked when you create more Slingos. This is unlike a traditional game of Bingo, where cash prizes are typically distributed only to those who achieve a Line, Two Lines or Full House first.
Slingo Vs Slots - what's the difference?
Most conventional online slot games will have many active paylines, with the reels played out across a 5x3 grid. There are no paylines in-play in a game of Slingo. That's because there's only one row of reels that spin solely to help you mark off matching numbers on your game grid.
With most online slots, you can spin as many times as your account balance allows. In Slingo, you are given a preset number of spins per game to try and land as many Slingos as possible.
How to play Slingo
How to play Slingo games step by step
- Choose a Slingo game that takes your fancy - we've got plenty listed below to catch your eye!
- Set the size of your stake - the size of potential payouts is relative to your initial game stake
- Click the 'Spin' button to start spinning the reels. Every matching number on the reels is marked off on your grid.
- The prize ladder - usually listed to the left of the grid - will denote the size of instant prizes or the types of bonus games available for making each Slingo line.
- Typically, at the end of your allotted spins, you will be given the option to pay for a small number of additional spins.
In some Slingo games, you will accumulate points for various in-game achievements. Whether it's marking off a line, multiple lines, completing a Full House, or landing gold coin symbols, these landmarks all rack up points that make prizes or payouts at the end of your spins.
Aside from classic Slingos, which pay out instant cash prizes for every Slingo you make, some will reward you in the form of in-game bonus features. For instance, the Slingo Riches slot has pick-me bonus screens and wheel bonuses like the Road to Riches game where you advance along the trail until the wheel lands on 'Collect'. These clever bonus rounds are heavily inspired by the most successful online slots, which help to gamify your Slingo experience.
Although Slingo games don't tend to have the same number of base game symbols as a conventional slot, there are several Slingo symbols that can help or hinder your chances of success:
- Jokers - symbols that allow you to mark off any number in the column above
- Super Jokers - symbols that allow you to mark off any number remaining on your game grid
- Free Spin Scatters - earn one additional spin to try and complete more Slingos
- Coins - land instant cash payouts
- Devils - the only negative symbol, acting as a blocker and using up a space on the reel
Although Slingo wild symbols don't operate in the same way as they do in online slots, they can give you increased flexibility mid-game. The Jokers and Super Jokers are the main wild symbols, with the Free Spin symbols performing the role of the slot-style scatter.
Slingo Golden Spinners
Golden Spinners can be found in certain types of Slingo games. They act as a form of in-game currency, which can be bought and used to receive additional premium features like power-ups and extra spins to move you closer to the next prize or bonus level.
Popular Slingo Games
If you are looking to play Slingo Bingo for the first time, make sure you try these six Slingo slots for size first. They are the most popular Slingo games among the Paddy Power Bingo community - and for good reason:
- Rainbow Riches Slingo Make friends with the lucky leprechaun in Rainbow Riches Slingo. Packed with no less than nine bonus games, you'll be rewarded with features as you work your way up the Slingo prize ladder. You can expect an RTP percentage of 95.60% here.
- Fluffy Favourites Slingo Inspired by Eyecon's classic Fluffy Favourites slot, this Slingo version is the fluff that dreams are made of. Create a minimum of five Slingos to activate the first bonus feature, with multipliers worth up to 100x available. The RTP percentage of this slingo is 95.50%.
- Centurion Slingo Based on the ancient Rome-themed slot game Centurion, Centurion Slingo is another powerful addition to our Slingo library. Look out for the Reelus Maximus, Road to Rome and Caesar's Free Spins bonus stages. The average RTP percentage is 95%.
- Slingo Extreme The embodiment of classic Slingo Bingo, Slingo Extreme offers original Slingo gameplay, with cash prizes aplenty. Work your way up the prize ladder for instant payouts, with huge jackpots awaiting for the ultimate full house. You can expect an RTP percentage of 95%.
- Deal or No Deal Slingo Designed on the hit television gameshow, Deal or No Deal has been given a Slingo makeover, bringing those blue and red boxes to the conventional Slingo grid. Agree a deal with the banker or risk it all to win what's in your box. The RTP percentage for this Slingo is 95%.
- Britain's Got Talent Slingo Another pop culture favourite, this Slingo game is inspired by Simon Cowell's talent show that's gone on to become a global franchise. This star-studded game contains an entourage of additional symbols like Jokers and Super Jokers to help create those Slingos. You can anticipate an RTP percentage of 95% here.
Play Slingo games for real money with Paddy Power Bingo!
Now that you are familiar with how to play Slingo Bingo and you've taken our Slingo tips on board, be sure to log-in or create a new Paddy Power Bingo account and start spinning in any of the Slingo slots above. Our Slingos are everything you love about Bingo gaming and more!
How many levels are there in Slingo games?
The number of levels differs from Slingo to Slingo. However, most will reward you with a bonus feature once you've made five Slingos. The quality of bonuses rises with every additional Slingo you make, with the best bonus available at the top level - landing a full house and marking off your entire grid!
How can I get golden spinners in Slingo?
With some Slingo games, it may be possible to use Golden Spinners. They are considered a premium currency. You can buy these within the game to get add-ons such as extra power-ups and free spins.
Can I play Slingo games for real money?
Yes, absolutely. As a matter of act, you don't even have to leave Paddy Power Bingo to play Slingo for real cash prizes. We have a growing library of slingo slots that you can play with real money or any bonus funds in your account.
Can I play Slingo games on my mobile device?
All of the Slingo Bingo games available at Paddy Power Bingo are fully responsive. This means that your chosen game, be it Slingo Riches or Slingo Extreme, resizes to suit your device's screen size. Wherever and whenever you want to play Slingo Bingo online, you've got it right here on tap.
How many types of Slingo games are there?
There are dozens of Slingo titles now released and many of them are increasingly available to new and existing Paddy Power Bingo customers. Keep your eyes peeled on our Slingo game library above, as we are adding new Slingo games all the time!